There are many alternatives to Dropbox for Mac if you are looking to replace it. The most popular Mac alternative is Nextcloud, which is both free and Open Source.If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 100 alternatives to Dropbox and loads of them are available for Mac so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Removing the Software and Folders: Find Dropbox on your Mac menu bar. Click on the Dropbox. Download apps by Dropbox, Inc., including Dropbox Passwords - Manager, Dropbox - Backup, Sync, Share, Paper by Dropbox, and many more. Check the folders you would like synced between Dropbox and your Mac. A synced folder will hold two copies of each file - one in the cloud in Dropbox and one on your Mac.
Share content with AirDrop
The Dropbox desktop experience helps you organize your content, connect your tools and bring your team together in one place. Read more about Dropbox for desktop. Get the desktop experience today. One organized place that brings work into focus.
- Open the file that you want to send, then click Share button in the app window. Or Control-click the file in the Finder, then choose Share from the shortcut menu.
- Choose AirDrop from the sharing options listed.
- Choose a recipient from the AirDrop sheet:
Or open an AirDrop window, then drag files to the recipient:
- Select AirDrop in the sidebar of a Finder window. Or choose Go > AirDrop from the menu bar.
- The AirDrop window shows nearby AirDrop users. Drag one or more documents, photos, or other files to the recipient shown in the window.
You can also share content from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Receive content with AirDrop
When someone nearby attempts to send you files using AirDrop, you see their request as a notification, or as a message in the AirDrop window. Click Accept to save the files to your Downloads folder.
Dropbox For Mac Catalina
If you can't see the other device in AirDrop
Make sure that your devices meet these requirements:
- Both devices are within 30 feet (9 meters) of each other and have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on.
- Each Mac was introduced in 2012 or later (excluding the 2012 Mac Pro) and is using OS X Yosemite or later. To find out, choose Apple menu > About This Mac.
- Each iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is using iOS 7 or later, with Personal Hotspot turned off.
Make sure that your devices can receive AirDrop requests:
Dropbox For Mac Os X
- Choose Go > AirDrop from the menu bar in the Finder, then check the ”Allow me to be discovered by” setting in the AirDrop window. iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch have a similar setting. If set to receive from Contacts Only, both devices must be signed in to iCloud, and the email address or phone number associated with the sender's Apple ID must be in the Contacts app of the receiving device.
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Security & Privacy. Click the Firewall tab, then click the lock and enter your administrator password when prompted. Click Firewall Options, then deselect “Block all incoming connections.”