We believe the power to choose is not just for the pros, it’s for everyone. No matter who you are, Dune Pro is a PC case that gives you limitless ways to personalize for your needs.
Watch Tear Down with Linus Tech Tips
Dune II: The Building of a Dynasty (titled Dune II: Battle for Arrakis in Europe and Dune: The Battle for Arrakis for the North American Mega Drive/Genesis port respectively) is a real-time strategy Dune video game developed by Westwood Studios and released by Virgin Games in December 1992. It is based upon David Lynch's 1984 movie Dune, an adaptation of Frank Herbert's science fiction novel. Play Dune 2000 Online for Free. There's never been a better time to play Dune 2000! CnCNet proudly presents, Dune 2000 Multiplayer Online. Remember, you must own Dune 2000 in order to play online CnCNet's free server. Download our cncnet5.exe below and place it inside of your game folder. Commanders have shared!
Dune Pro is a PC case that's engineered for a range of industry standard parts. It was designed to give you the flexibility and freedom to customise configurations.
Dune 2000 didn’t really bring anything new into the RTS genre but it gave the fans of Dune II a chance to play an updated version of the game. Simply download the Portingkit (if you don’t have it already) and go to the library – server tab and select the “Dune 2000” game and click download. On the play dune 2000 online mac its considered to be one of the most lightweight programs for working with fonts. Reload to refresh your session. Do i need to add all my files in the resources folder. There are differences in length, ferrule, feel of hairs compared to a full size mac brush.
EnclosureCrafted with precision high grade aluminum and sandblasted with fine beads with a near perfect anodised surface.
FrameThe multipurpose high quality stainless steel frame is not just the foundation, but also the handle and feet.
Top PanelDune Pro includes 2 USB type C connectors on the top of the enclosure.
Industry StandardsEngineered to use standard PC parts.
MotherBoardSuports Mini ITX, ATX, mATX, EATX and EEB motherboards.
Dune Ii For Mac Osx
GraphicsEngineered to fit the latest Nvidia RTX 2080 TI or Quadro RTX 8000 and AMD Radeon VII.
WatercoolingDesigned to use 120mm, 240mm or 360mm AIO radiator with fans.
ExpansionEquip with 7 PCI Slots, 3 x HDD enclosures, 5 SSD Trays, Motherboard Extender and more.
Enclosure and Frame
The stainless steel frame is not only the foundation but also the handle and feet. The frame also gives you 360 access to the case. The enclosure has been constructed with precision high grade aluminum that is 3mm thick.
Included 2 x USB 3.1 type C connectors on the top of the enclosure gives you quick access to your peripherals.
Industry Standard Parts
We support industry standard parts. From the latest motherboard to graphics cards, Dune Pro gives you the freedom to choose the parts for your needs. If you need to upgrade at a later date, Dune Pro is future proof allowing you to change at any time.
We understand that everyone may have a different purpose using a computer and choosing the right motherboard is important. From Mini ITX, ATX, mATX, EATX, or EEB motherboards we support the latest motherboard standards.
Inside the Dune Pro enclosure you have 160 mm CPU fan clearence and the potential to install a 32 Core processor with a supported motherboard. It's ready for the future.
Dune Pro can install some of the longest GPU's in the market today boasting more than 380 mm length clearence. (Graphics Card not included)
Designed to use 120mm, 240mm or 360mm watercooling radiator with fans too meet all your cooling needs.
The Dune Pro case airflow pulls horizontally from the front to the rear of the case for optimal airflow, keeping temperatures down.
Equip with 5 x SSD, 3 HDD enclosure, and more. Dune case has a plethora of features as standard.
1. 5 x SSD Bracket
2. 3 x HDD Enclosure
3. Motherboard Extender (EEB Motherboards)
4. PSU Placement (ATX PSU)
5. Fan / Radiator bracket
6. Front Panel (Other Front Panels avaliable)
7. 7 x PCI Slots
8. Back Panel
Frame & Structure
Stainless Steel frame with aluminum structure
Quick Release Front panel for easy access. No Screws required.
Quick Release Back panel for easy access. No Screws required.
Quick Release Side panels for easy access. No Screws required.
Install up to 5 2.5 inch SSD Brackets
Fan / Radiator Bracket
Support 3 x 120mm fan, 2 x 140mm fan, Water-cooling radiator (360mm, 240mm, 120mm)
The HDD bracket can fit 4 x 3.5 inch Hard drives.
Bottom HDD Enclosure
The Bottom 3.5 HDD bracket can be installed inside the PSU shroud area.
USB Type E
Front Panel USB Type C to USB Type E for supported motherboards.
USB 20 Pin
Front Panel USB Type C to USB 20 Pin for supported motherboards.
Sound Dampening Accessory
For those who are looking for something extra, we have created a patent pending sound dampening accessory that will help with the case acoustics. This panel has been machined at the front with large holes for air intake. At the back of the front panel, we deep drawn a different pattern. This pattern is an array of dices that intersects at the 'Y' formation. The dice pattern is raised from the surface which allows for sound to be dampened. We call this the Dice Y cover.
Unfortunatly we have experienced delays from Feb 2020 until Aug 2020. However, we aim to start shipping the Dune Pro case towards the end of November 2020. Sample units are available for technology publication review. For inquiries, email [email protected]
What is the latest on Dune Case?
|DOS||December 1, 1992|
|Dune II: The Building of a Dynasty||1992|
|Emperor: Battle for Dune||2001|
|Frank Herbert's Dune||2001|
- Released as Dune II: Battle for Arrakis in Europe.
- Dune Wiki - The Duniverse
- Dune2K.com - A major Dune fansite with an active community
|Retail||Manual-based copy protection|
- Although a Dune II 'demo' is available it is not actively playable; the executable more or less plays the missions out it's self without your intervention much like a pre-release demonstration video.
- The European version has a different title screen subtitle with its EU name and lacks the into voice over. These are minor aesthetic changes and can be changed back with this unofficial patch. Another similar patch that preserves the European title screen can be found here. Yet another minor graphical difference is that the pause menu is not centered in the EU version; a hack to fix it can be found here. The European version also has additional languages. There are also some minor version specific bugs for each though these are ironed out by the 107 patch fix below.
- Download link
- Official patch which corrects issues with the Starport building. The European versions come pre-updated, making this unnecessary for it.
- Download link
- Official patch which enables the use of multiple sound devices simultaneously (i.e. MT-32 music with SoundBlaster digital and FM audio). A separate version for the European release can be found here.
1.07 patch fix
- Download link
- Unofficial patch which corrects issues introduced and unfixed by the 1.07 patch. Includes the sound fix above, though still requires patch 1.07 to be applied first.
- Thread & download link
- Unofficial patch that adds support for the Gravis Ultrasound to Dune II. Note that there are two versions of this driver available, one for real machines and another for DOSBox. Select the correct version for your setup.
- EMCPatch adds some game improvements: buildings no longer decay for no reason, carryalls always bring repaired units from the repair facility back where they picked them up (you no longer need to surround the repair facility with walls for this), and missile turrets get always out-ranged by rocket launchers (previously, they had to be positioned at certain angles to get out of turrets' range). It requires WWPak to install, a version for SuperDune (and derivatives) can be found here.
- REP-HI-FIX adds missing animation frames to the repair facility and Hi-Tech factory. Like the fix above it requires WWPak to install. A separate version with a faster heavy factory 'production ended' animation can be found here.
- Dune2Retro is a mod of the unpatched version of the game that adds fixes for the glitches but keeps the original balancing and other gameplay features. Also includes SuperDune2 (See below in fangames for details).
Dune II Mouse Helper
- Enables more modern mouse controls: ordering units with the right mouse button, scrolling with the mouse wheel and building and placing structures with the middle mouse button.
- Requires the original DOS game running in DOSBox under Windows.
- Full-featured ports which enable playing the game on modern systems (Windows/Linux). Support high-resolutions and widescreen. Employ modern interface with zooming, contemporary RTS controls and build queueing.
- Include numerous bug fixes and optional gameplay enhancements.
- Require original game assets (
|Dune Legacy||In active development, supports 64-bit and Mac OS X. Includes an optional upscaler to smooth out graphics. Introduces multiple difficulty levels for campaign mode and bot AIs for MP. Supports LAN and internet multiplayer with record/replay. Includes a map and scenario editor.||Direct3D|
|Dune Dynasty||Offers borderless fullscreen and proper MIDI support with custom SoundFonts for music playback. Contains a jukebox and cutscene viewer. Includes a random map generator for local 'skirmish' mode.||Direct3D, OpenGL|
More detailed lists of unfinished ports, as well as fan-made campaigns, can be found at: Dune II fangames, Custom maps and Dune II clones and remakes
Configuration file(s) location
- Stored in hex values, Not human readable.
Save game data location
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Windowed||For DOSBox toggle withAlt+↵ Enter(see the glossary page for other workarounds).|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||For DOSBox use an unofficial build (see the glossary page for other workarounds).|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||For DOSBox use the DOSBox Mapper (see the glossary page for other workarounds).|
|Mouse sensitivity||For DOSBox set in the DOSBox configuration file.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||For DOSBox use the DOSBox Mapper (see the glossary page for other workarounds).|
|Separate volume controls||Music and Sound Effects/Speech; toggle only|
|Subtitles||All dialog is text-based. In-game notifications are either displayed text or audio.|
|Closed captions||Major notifications have displayed text when audio can't be played.|
|Mute on focus lost|
- Changing the active language requires you to re-run the entire setup precess through the setup.exe. If you find this annoying you can use the setuplan.exe which is a slimmed down setup program meant only for switching the active language.
|French||European version only.|
|German||European version only.|
|Spanish||Found in rare European versions only. Replaces German language in typical EU release.|
|Italian||Found in rare European versions only. Replaces French language in typical EU release.|
|Russian||Only available in Russian retail release. There are no official patches for this version leaving it at version 1. Unofficial patches to port newer patches can be found here.|
|LAN play||6||Use Dune Legacy|
|Online play||6||Use Dune Legacy|
- There are numerous bugs that remain in the game that haven't been addressed by any patches, official or unofficial. A good source list is available in this PDF. An experimental compilation of hex fixes are available here (sign in required to download document).
Windows sound crash
Dune Ii Mac Download
Although Dune can run on older versions of Windows (without restarting in MS-DOS mode), sound corruption usually occurs followed by an eventual crash. This is due to some of the sound files being damaged and causing memory leaks.
Dune Ii For Mac Mojave
|Replace the sound files|
Download this and replace the files.
|DOS video modes||MCGA, VGA|
|Operating system (OS)||3.3|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel 80286|
|System memory (RAM)||640 KB |
2 MB for digitized sound
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||10 MB|
|Video card (GPU)||VGA|
Dune Ii For Mac Catalina