iPhone has been widely used to take pictures or videos and store files like voice memos and notes as it is easy to carry around. However, there might be times when you wish to transfer files from iPhone to Mac. For example, you don’t have enough storage on your phone anymore but you still need your files. Or you want to make sure you have a backup copy so that you can restore your device in case of lost or phone failure. On these situations, read the guide below to find some feasible methods to migrate files on your smartphone.
How to Transfer Files from Mac to iPhone with Assistant for iOS (5 Minutes Way) MobiKin Assistant. Transfer info to Mac from another computer or device. If you didn’t transfer your information to your Mac when you first set it up, use Migration Assistant available in OS X 10.6.8 or later to transfer your information at any time. You can transfer your user account—including all your pictures, music, and files—from a Mac or PC.
Android File Transfer. Browse and transfer files between your Mac computer and your Android device. For Mac OS X only. No extra software is needed for. Download android file transfer to mac 10.6.8 for free. System Tools downloads - Android File Transfer by Google and many more programs are available for instant and free download. You can import an Outlook for Windows Data File (.pst) or an Outlook for Mac Data File (.olm). These data files can contain large amounts of data of multiple item types. Outlook Data Files are frequently used as an archive or to transfer data between computers. On the Outlook for Mac File.
How to Transfer Files from iPhone to Mac
How to Send Files from iPhone to Mac without iTunes?
Most iOS users look for an alternative solution to move data from their device to computer because they don’t want to use iTunes. So, if you’re one of them, ApowerManager is here for you. This is a phone managing application that allows you to easily connect your device to computer and copy files from iPhone to Mac. At the moment, it works on iOS running 8.0 or later and is compatible on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Hence, you can use this in almost all your iPhone unit. The program supports various kind of files including pictures, videos, music, notes, voice memos, contacts, messages, and books. Furthermore, it enables you to install or uninstall applications and move app data. Actually, you can backup your device on few clicks as it has a Backup & Restore feature. The advantage of choosing this over similar applications is that it does not require complicated steps to set up. In addition to that, the software works perfectly even without an internet connection. Without further ado, here’s how to transfer files from iPhone to Mac:
- First off, download and install the program on your Mac. You can get its installer from the official website of Apowersoft.
- Next, look for the mobile version of the app and install it on your iPhone. Once done, keep the app running.
- At this point, connect your phone with a lightning cable and tap on “Trust” to build successful connection between devices.
- Upon processing your device, press the “Manage” button and select your file category from the side panel. Choose the files you want to copy by clicking on them and hit “Export”. Note: You will see a blue check mark on your selected files.
How to Send Files from iPhone to Mac with iTunes?
Of course, you can also send files from iPhone to Mac using iTunes. It is the default phone manager for Apple users; hence, compatibility won’t be an issue. This is commonly used to manage and play music but it contains other features that can be useful. Aside from music, the program processed documents, videos, pictures, and applications saved on your iDevice. Thus, you will be able to import and export different files on iPhone with the help of this. However, iTunes can only transfer files from applications with File Sharing feature. This includes DJI Go, Pages, GarageBand, and Adobe Reader. This is a good choice to move files only if it does not slow down computer. Many users complain about this issue along with the complicated interface of the application Anyway, follow the instructions on how to copy files from iPhone to Mac.
Mac To Mac Transfer
- Run iTunes on your Mac and connect your iPhone using a cable.
- From the upper left corner of your screen, click the device button and the app will redirect you to a summary page of your device.
- Click on “Apps” and scroll down to the bottom until you find the File Sharing area.
- From the left column, click the application containing the file you want to move and choose the file/s you want to transfer > “Save to”.
Android File Transfer For Mac
With the help of these two applications, you can move any files from your iOS device to Mac. In conclusion, you can use ApowerManager if you want to transfer files from iPhone to Mac without iTunes. This gives you the ability to effortlessly manage your phone on your desktop and provides other useful features.