Description Use the Microsoft Remote Desktop app to connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your admin. The app helps you be productive no matter where you are. Getting Started Configure your PC for remote access first. What does Microsoft Remote Desktop 8 do? With the Microsoft Remote Desktop app, you can connect to a remote PC and your work resources from almost anywhere. Experience the power of Windows with RemoteFX in a Remote Desktop client designed to help you get your work done wherever you are. Getting Started Configure your PC for remote access first. Remote Desktop App for MacOS new version 10.4.0 (1811) connects but gives black screen I just upgraded to the new Microsoft Remote Desktop 10.4.0 (1811) that came out a few days ago. I can connect to my remote session fine (Windows 10, still on 1803 due to corporate antivirus).
- Mac Microsoft Remote Desktop App
- Microsoft Remote Desktop App For Mac Osx
- Microsoft Remote Desktop App For Mac Os Catalina
- Remote Desktop Microsoft For Mac
Mac Microsoft Remote Desktop App
The following page(s) contain instructions on using Remote Desktop to connect to Faculty & Staff Windows computers on the UMKC campus (from off-campus). Your campus computer must be powered on to receive connections.
Microsoft Remote Desktop App For Mac Osx
Don't know your computer name or don't know if your account has the correct permissions? Find out here. If you need assistance, please contact the IS Technology Support Center or your IT Liaison.Please note: Before you attempt to connect to UMKC resources remotely, please make sure your operating system (Apple OS X) has all applicable security updates installed.
To connect to your campus Windows PC from a Mac you will need to use the Microsoft Remote Desktop application for Mac version 10.3.8 (or higher). If you are using a university-owned Mac, you may already have this app installed. Please contact the Technology Support Center or your IT Liaison if you have questions about using this software on a university-owned Mac.
|Supported||Default Icon||Client Name|
|Microsoft RDP v10|
Link to Download
|Microsoft RDP v8|
Mac OS X Remote Desktop Connection Instructions
- Open the Microsoft Remote Desktop application
- Click the '+' icon
- Select PC
- For PC Name, enter the name of the remote computer to connect to. Or check How to find my computer name
- For User Account, click the dropdown to change the setting
- Click Add User Account
- For User Name, type [email protected] in DomainUsername
- For Password, type your UMKC Username Password. Note: you will need to update your Remote Desktop settings every time you change your UMKC Username password.
- Click Save
- For Friendly Name, enter the PC name
- Click on no gateway to change the setting
- Select Add Gateway from the dropdown
- For Server Name, enter tsg.umkc.edu
- For User Account, click Use PC User account
- Select your UMKC username from the list
- Click Add
- Click Add again
- To initiate the connection, double click on your PC Name tile
- Click Show Certificate
- Click Always Trust to prevent seeing this warning again for the PC specified
- Click Continue