May 04, 2010 klo ga salah mac baru kan ada crossovernya? Coba dijalanin dari situ deh. Blum nyoba sendiri sih, cuma ngeliat salah satu senior pake mac buat buka winbox ga ada masalah tuh. The MikroTik routers come with a built-in operating system that provides support for configuring the firewall, VPN, wireless network, routing behavior, and much more. You can perform these actions via the web console, or you can rely on the Winbox desktop application.
The information on this page may be out of date. To give the routerboard an IP address, hard reset the device using the instructions here: http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Password_reset.
Standard procedures to do a Winbox MAC connection is so easy as soon as you know how to set a static IP in your windows/linux machine. If you don't have that knowledge, you won't be able to connect and what's more, you sure don't need a RouterOS machine at all.
This small guide works for any hardware running RouterOS. It doesn't explain how to run Winbox on any OS different from Windows. You should know in advance how to use Wine or any other Win32 Loader for your non-Microsoft OS.
If you are using a Routerboard board, you must use the Ethernet port that is POE-capable; MAC Winbox won't work on the others (or at least, didn't work to me). In general, you must use Ether1 port. If you don't know which port is, try on all ports.
- Know how to set a static IP in your windows/linux/MacOS machine.
- Winbox. if you don't have it get it at: http://www.mikrotik.com/download/winbox.exe
- A straight ethernet cable
- Everything needed to power on RouterOS Machine.
0. Power On RouterOS machine. Let it load, first boot takes a bit more.
1. If you are using a laptop or a computer with a wireless connection, turn it off: disconnect from Acces Point, turn off laptop switch, or disable interface.
2. Select a ethernet interface in your computer (if you have more than one) and connect it using a ethernet cable to the routerOS machine. Disable or disconnect the interfaces you are not using.
3. Set a IP/subnet mask to the selected interface. The selected IP address doesn't matter at this moment, but should be in the same range that RouterOS Machine will be, in order to save some time after initial configuration.
5. Open winbox.
6. Make sure there's no IP/MAC written in the address field, I had problems discovering MACs when there are addresses in there. [winbox1.jpg]
7. Click the [...] button and wait for your RouterOS MAC appear. Click on it.[winbox2.jpg]8. Enter username and password in their respective fields. By default, username is: admin and there is no password, leave it blank.
9. Uncheck 'Secure Mode'. It can cause some troubles using MAC-Winbox.
10. Click [Connect] and wait for login process to finish.
11. Do a basic configuration to your RouterOS machine. Set the desired IPs and click [Exit] on Winbox window. Make sure to remember the assigned IP address.
12. Configure your computer IP address to the same range that RouterOS, if you didn't set in the same range before.
Mikrotik Winbox For Mac Os X 10.13
13. Enter RouterOS machine IP address in Winbox Address field
14. If you have security package enabled (by default, it is), check 'Secure Mode' box to crypt the transmission. It's not needed if you are sure nobody else can get connection to your RouterOS Machine
15. Continue configuration process.
Mikrotik Winbox Port
That's all folks!
As many MAC OS users we were fighting with installing Winbox to our MACs.
Winbox is a very nice tool, probably one of the best for network management and configuration. The safest way is to run Wine HQ and run native Winbox for windows on it. Here are the steps how to install Mikrotik Winbox on MAC OS Catalina 10.15.4.
- At first we need to install WINE HQ. It’s available for free on the website – https://www.winehq.org
- To install the WINE HQ, we need to install Xquartz package. Please note that the Xquartz package 2.7.11 is breaking fonts in Windows apps that are running in Wine. That’s why we recommend to use the Xquarts 2.7.9. You can get the package here – https://www.xquartz.org/releases/XQuartz-2.7.9.html
- When both packages are installed, it’s time to download latest Winbox from Mikrotik website https://mikrotik.com/download
Now we can open the Winbox, it will run Wine HQ automatically, it also allows to open multiple windows and connect to different routers :
There are a lot of useful tools out there that might help you to run ISP business, but most of them don’t properly meet all needs of Internet providers.
SPLYNX is a powerful all-in-one software solution tailormade for ISPs to handle billing, BSS & OSS. Leading Internet providers that have hundreds or thousands of subscribers can easily integrate SPLYNX into their businesses to eliminate manual billing in the company, improve network management and radius server, make use of own CRM, Helpdesk, Scheduling and Inventory management modules.
More than 400 ISP companies form different parts of the world scaled their business with Splynx.
Let us show you how we do it, you won’t be sorry 🙂