|Our policy on articles on living people is under review. Your comments and inputs are welcome on the relevant project talkpage.|
Personal Wiki App
Sep 28, 2020 For a personal Wiki environment, you may find it easier to install MAMP, if you are using Mac OS X 10.4 or newer (MAMP will not run on Mac OS X 10.3 or older). This installer will provide its own Apache, MySQL and PHP (with eAccelerator (an updated MMCache) and Zend Optimizer) and a nice simple control panel, running under your login (in other. Oct 09, 2019 This wikiHow teaches you how to format a Seagate Hard Drive on a Mac computer. You can format a drive using the Disk Utility in Mac. Before formatting any hard drive, it's a good idea to backup any data or files you want to save before formatting. Formatting the drive will permanently erase all the data and files stored on the hard drive forever.
Create A Personal Wiki
Scribbleton is your own personal wiki, where you can store everything from quick notes, to detailed checklists for work, to the outline for that next bestseller novel. Everything is within reach With Scribbleton, you can easily create clickable links between words, phrases, and pages, allowing you to quickly locate cross-reference information. Mac veterans have been singing Alfred's praises for years, but some of Apple’s newer users might not have heard about the mighty app launcher. Free to all but the most serious professionals. Explore the world of Mac. Check out MacBook Pro, iMac Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, and more. Visit the Apple site to learn, buy, and get support.
|And a dirty dozen more|
v - t - e
Heather Lynn Mac Donald (a space in 'Mac Donald') (1956—) is an Americanconservative commentator and fellow at the Manhattan Institute. She is an unusual breed--a conservative who is also an atheist, and who has criticized the Christian instinct to credit God when something good happens to you, but not hold him responsible when one experiences misfortunes. Her writing is distinctive in its reliance on misleading and distorted statistics, and its very calm and straightforward presentation of outrageous and inflammatory statements. For instance:
- 'Today, the consequences of that cultural revolution [i.e. the revolution of the 1960s] are all around us: lagging education levels, the lowest male work-force participation rate since the Great Depression, opioid abuse, and high illegitimacy rates.'
- 'The most cutting-edge research designs, computer algorithms, and statistical tools, such as Fisher’s exact tests, Cronbach’s alpha, and Kernel density estimates, are now deployed in the increasingly desperate hunt for crippling white racism, while a more pressing problem—inner-city dysfunction—gets minimal academic attention.' This quote is additionally noteworthy because it contains an excellent example of the misleading use of jargon as bullshit, to make someone seem like they understand something far better than they really do.
- 'Contrary to the Black Lives Matter narrative, the police have much more to fear from black males than black males have to fear from the police. In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer.'
Ye olde battleaxe
Mac Donald is known for her hard-line right-wing stances on pretty much every issue in American politics: immigration,police brutality and Black Lives Matter, criminal justice reform,racism in the criminal justice system, and much, much more.
She is particularly well-known for being one of the first and most persistent pushers of the 'Ferguson effect' narrative. She first argued for it in a May 2015 Wall Street Journal op-ed and re-iterated it in her 2016 book The War on Cops.
Dark money's effect on her
Heather Mac Donald is the US' premier promoter of racist justifications for police brutality. As with many think-tankers (including Christina Hoff Sommers), her affiliation with the Manhattan Institute and their donors might be the reason for this. Most police unions and private prison corporations donate to the right, and they need justifications for their heinous behavior.
Online Personal Wiki
- ↑A Place on the Right for a Few Godless Conservatives
- ↑Scandal Erupts over the Promotion of ‘Bourgeois’ Behavior
- ↑Conjuring Disrespect
- ↑All that kneeling ignores the real cause of soaring black homicides
- ↑One of many examples: 'Poverty and other grounds for victim status do not, in the conservative worldview, create a license for lawbreaking.' 
- ↑Assessing Heather Mac Donald's counter-narrative about blacks and police
- ↑Telling the Truth About Crime and Policing
- ↑The Myth of Criminal-Justice Racism
- ↑The New Nationwide Crime Wave
You can help RationalWiki by expanding it.