Download Recuva, the award winning data recovery tool. Recover and un-delete files with Recuva, the award-winning file recovery tool by the makers of CCleaner. Download the latest version here. Recuva - a Freeware Utility for File Recovery Recuva is a freeware program that helps the user restore files that have been deleted from the computer. The deleted files which have been deleted from the recycle bin as well can be retrieved using Recuva. The links for Recuva Mac download is not authentic. The Recuva software is developed only for the Windows users and hence you can't use it on Mac. Ultimately, you will have to rely on Recuva Mac alternative to recover the files on your Mac. Piriform Recuva is one of the most popular free file recovery software that can recover deleted pictures, music, documents, videos, emails from PC/Mac, external hard drives, USB drive, CD, and more. It can restore deleted files from the recycle bin even emptied the recycle bin folder. It is an easy-to-use effective file recovery software program.
Oct 13, 2020 • Filed to: Windows Computer Solutions • Proven solutions
1. What's Recuva?
Piriform Recuva is one of the most popular free file recovery software that can recover deleted pictures, music, documents, videos, emails from PC/Mac, external hard drives, USB drive, CD, and more. It can restoredeleted files from the recycle bineven emptied the recycle bin folder. It is an easy-to-use effectivefile recovery software program.
Is Recuva Safe to Use?
Yes. It is safe to use Recuva for data recovery on your computer. Recuva is a legitimate program that is safe to download and install without viruses or malware. What the data recovery program does is merely scan your hard drive for the deleted data. It won't change or damage your files or devices.
2. Is Recuva Free?
Recuva is often known as free data recovery software. Indeed, Recuva offers a free full version that allows users to search and recover deleted files without limits. However, there is a Recuva Professional version priced at$19.95. What's Recuva Professional? And how is it different from the free version in data recovery?
Recuva Professional VS Free
Recuva Professional is an upgraded version of Recuva Free. The main differences between the two versions are:
- Recuva Professional has ahigher recovery rate. I have tried both the professional and free versions of Recuva. Although the free version doesn't have any limit, some files that can be found by Recuva Professional won't appear after quick/deep scanning with the free version;
- Virtual disk support is exclusive to Recuva Professional. Only the Recuva Professional can recover files from virtual hard drives. More than that, it can create and restore a new virtual disk.
- Theautomatic updateis only available for Recuva Professional users. Users of the free version will have to be stuck with the old version.
To conclude, you may fail to find the deleted files you need with Recuva Free since it is not powerful as Recuva Professional. If so, you may switch to anotherfree data recovery programto purchase the Recuva Professional.
3. Does Recuva Work?
Recuva enables you to find deleted files from hard drive, external storage, USB drives withquickanddeep scan. It can also find data from the formatted drive and scan inside files and restore the documents that contain a particular text string. Moreover, free data recovery from CD, MP3 Player, iPod is supported by Recuva. However, Recuva can't work for two kinds of files.
- Overwritten files. If your deleted files have been overwritten by new data, Recuva won't be able to recover them.
- Securely deleted files. When a file is securely deleted by PC/Mac cleaner software, the information of the file is also been deleted from the file system, too. In such cases, Recuva won't work.
How to Recover Data Free with Recuva Free Files Recovery
To get started withRecuva free file recovery program, you can visit the website Recuva and download the version of Recuva you want. Install it on your computer and follow the next steps to learn how to use Recuva Free to get your lost data back on the Windows computer.
Recuva Free Download With Crack
Step 1Launch Recuva free data recovery program. A wizard is launched for you to select a file type you want to recover and the location of the file. Click 'Next' to process.
Step 2Recuva will start a quick scan of your hard drive. It takes several minutes to finish a quick scan. When the scanning finished, you can get the results of the scan. In my test, the quick scan of Recuva can only find a bunch of system files that I don't need. To recover the deleted files, I will need to start a deep scan.
Step 3Click Advanced mode. Select a local disk, make sure Deep Scan is selected and click Scan to start.
Step 4It will need hours of scanning to detect the deleted files. Once the scan is complete, select the files you need and click Recuva.
It's very easy to scan deleted files with Recuva. However, the scan result can't be guaranteed. It might be unable to find the deleted files you need after hours of waiting.
Recuva Unable to Determine File System Types
When trying to recover files with Recuva, some users got the error message:Unable to determine file system types.
The error indicates that your drive is corrupt and the files on the drive are recognized as RAW. Since Recuva is unable to recover RAW files, the error message pops up. To recover your files, you can:
1. Get a recovery program that can recognize RAW files
Some data recovery programs can recognize the RAW drive and help you recover the files from the RAW drive, such as Recoverit Data Recovery. It can recognize USB drives, SD cards, computer hard drive that has been RAW. Free download Recoverit and use it to scan files from the RAW drive. How to Recover Data from RAW Drive
2. Quick format your hard drive
A quick format can initialize the file system and let Recuva recognize the hard drive. The hard drive will seem empty after a quick format, but the files are still recoverable on the drive. After the quick format, you can try to recover the files with Recuva again.
To quick format a hard drive, open Windows Explorer, right-click on the RAW drive and select Format. Tick Quick Format and click Start to begin.
Recuva Review - Verdict
Like many of the free file recovery software out there, Recuva is not a one-stop solution that users sometimes mistakenly treat it to be. There are pros and cons to consider, and here we list some of them.
Firstly, Recuva is a freeware, and as such is already a step ahead of the competition. For free software, Recuva delivers recovery tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- It has two modes for data retrieval: Wizard mode and Advanced mode. It caters to different users; the former a viable option for novice users because it takes you through a thoroughly guided recovery process. Advanced mode is designed for users who have the more technical knowledge and want to accelerate the task.
- Aside from its pretty simplistic UI, it is renowned for its multiplatform support. It is universally supported by most Windows and some Mac devices.
- The recovery speed is also praise-worthy.
- The option to deep scan is another great feature that enables the user to examine files from the deepest crevices of the system, even those that are from the corrupted or damaged parts of the disks.
- Most of all, the supported file types are many, which is very important in choosing the best recovery software. If you are going to recover files, you might as well use the tool that can read and scan even file types that you never knew existed.
There are some cons, of course, and one is related to the fact that it is free.
- Some recovery may not be possible if you are using the free version of this software. Recuva has a great offering for its free version, but if you want to make the most out of it, then it is better to purchase the paid Recuva Professional.
- If you are a beginner, take note that using Recuva entails some risk because of its ability to overwrite files in the system. It might remove even the important files you want to keep, so be sure to read before trying the recovery or have a technically capable person check for you.
- There are also instances when the files may turnout unrecoverable. This is only because the files are a copy of another file from a different folder or location. The deep scan may help with this problem.
The Recuva is very useful and efficient, but you will find a more successful recovery tool in their paid version, which also contains the full package being offered by the software.
Recuva For Mac Download Free Version
Recuva Data Recovery is one of the most efficient data recovery tools out there, but there is no guarantee that it will solve virtually all of your data loss issues. There are many alternatives to try, should you feel it does not meet your expectations. One premium recovery software you can also try isRecoverit Free Data Recovery.
Free Recover Data
- Top Recovery Freeware
- Top Recovery Solutions
May 12,2020 • Filed to: Free File Recovery • Proven solutions
Lost your data after an accidental deletion? Or a much needed restoration to factory settings make you lose all that precious files? Whatever the reasons, worry not because there are ways to recover all of the files again. One software that can be used is the Piriform Recuva. It is a powerful recovery software as it is able to recover numerous types of files like photos, videos, emails from different type of devices. However, Recuva is only available on Windows-based computer. For Mac users, including those who are using the OS Mojave, you can find a great Recuva for Mac OS Mojave alternative here.
Part 1. Recuva Alternative for macOS Mojave
No product is without its competitor; if you are looking for other top data recovery software, look no further because the Recoverit (IS) for mac is another option for you to consider. Supports multiple operating systems inclusive of the macOS 10.12 Sierra, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, macOS 10.14 Mojave, macOS 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 (Mavericks), as well as 10.9.5 and 10.10 (OS X Yosemite), this powerful software offers 4 recovery methods for Mac users that is able to recover almost any file types and formats that were lost due to deletion, formatted disks, software and hardware crashes and many other reasons.
Apart from that, its deep scan feature uses a great scanning algorithm; enabling it to perform recovery without disturbing and destroying any data. It is built with 'Validity' attribute that can tell the users whether a particular recovery is good or bad.
Recoverit (IS) for Mac
A Life Saver to Solve Your Data Loss Problems!
- It is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating system.
- It supports a large number of storage device type including hard drives, USB flash drives, SD cards, etc.
- All major types of files can be recovered including music, images, video, documents, emails, and archives.
- It has a deep scan features for in-depth scanning of the hard drive for searching files to recover.
Part 2. How to Use Recuva Replacement on macOS Mojave
Below we have detailed the steps to be followed by users wanting to recover lost data that is caused by accidental deletion, data corruption and many more. Please note, however, continued operations on the same drive, in the location where your files were lost can cause your files to be permanently deleted. If possible, use another Mac to download the iSkysoft software an install it to another portable drive like a flash drive for the data recovery use.
Easy Steps to Use This Alternative to Recuva on Mac
Step 1 Select the File Types
Open iSkysoft File Recovery on your Mac after downloading it. Now in the first interface, there are file types for you to choose from, which will lead the program to scan and recover the data types that you choose in this step. Then click 'Next'.
Step 2 Select Location
Recuva App For Pc Download
Next, you need to select and identify the drive where the files were lost in. If your drive is not listed, simply click on the refresh icon. After that, start the scanning process by clicking on the 'Start' button which is located at the bottom of the window.
Step 3 Recover Lost Photos, Videos and Files on Mac
Once the scanning process is completed, another window will appear, listing all files that were successfully recovered. At this moment, you are able to preview them. Select the files that you want and hit the 'Recover' button in order to save the files under the folder that you have chosen previously.
For your kind information, you can get more scan results by click the 'Deep Scan' option on the bottom, if you are not satisfied with the first scan results. 'Deep Scan' will scan deep into your drive and discover more lost files for you. Just try!
Part 3. Reasons to Choose Recoverit (IS) for Mac
Each software and programs would have their own advantages. With Recuva, users can guarantee files can be recovered even from damaged or formatted disks. This is done by scanning all parts of a drive and it will list all files that it can recover. Recoverit (IS) for Mac on the other hand, can also perform similar function with its deep scan feature. With deep scanning, the entire file system will be traced and tracked and all recoverable files will be listed too.
Other features of both programs are comparable; both can recover deleted media, supports various languages and offer ease of use to the users. Nonetheless, there are some features by iSkysoft that makes it a more attractive data recovery program. It offers 4 types of mode to recover files where users can perform raw data recovery, lost data recovery, resume recovery or partition recovery. There is plentiful of options offers convenience to the users to perform data recovery easily.
Other than that, iSkysoft has powerful scanning capability as it can scan a device at an extremely fast speed. All lost data recovered are in their original quality; its innovative algorithms enable it to recover files without damaging anything.