- In the Mail app on your Mac, if the Send button is dimmed in the toolbar of your message, or your message can’t be sent using the outgoing mail server, try these suggestions. Make sure the outgoing (SMTP) mail server is specified as directed by the provider of your email account.
- To make Apple Mail work, it’s necessary to configure an outgoing mail server, that is to enter in the default Mac client the right parameters of the SMTP server you are using. This way Apple Mail will be able to correcty deliver your messages. Just remember that only a professional outgoing mail server will guarantee the highest delivery rate.
Setting an SMTP server for Apple Mail – the default Mac mail client – is necessary to start sending and delivering your emails: but is also extremely easy. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Open the voice “Preferences” in the “Mail” menu.
2. Open the “Accounts” tab and click on “Server settings”.
3. Fill the “Outgoing mail server” voice with your SMTP server name. If you don’t know it, have a look at our list of SMTP parameters or contact your provider.
You can change preferences for the SMTP mail server you use to send messages, as directed by the provider of your email accounts. To change these preferences in the Mail app on your Mac, choose Mail Preferences, click Accounts, click Server Settings, click the outgoing Account pop-up menu, then choose Edit SMTP Server List. If you’re using an email client like Apple Mail or Outlook to send emails, that email client probably also uses SMTP to upload your outgoing emails to your mail server (though those clients typically use other protocols like IMAP or POP3 to download incoming emails to the app). If you're running Mac OS X version 10.10 or later, follow these steps to set up an Exchange email account: Open Mail, and then do one of the following: If you've never used Mail to set up an email account, the Welcome to Mail page opens. If you've used Mail to create email accounts, select Mail Add Account.
4. The default “Port” is 25, but there are also other options: to know, check our article about SMTP ports.
Smtp Port For Mac Mail
5. Finally, choose if you want to authenticate your mailing or not (and in case fill the “User name” and “Password” field). And that’s it.
Remember however that if you plan to set up an email marketing campaign, you should definitely rely on a professional SMTP server – an outgoing server that will guarantee the higest deliverability for all your messages.
Smtp Settings For Mac Mail
Our service turboSMTP offers you 6.000 free relays/month, forever. Try it now!