The program is available for free and is actually included in later versions of Microsoft's Excel spreadsheet program for Mac. Solver for Excel 2011 for Mac downloads and installs directly onto the Excel program without any problems or user input required. After opening Excel, the user must go to the add-in area and select the Solver program.
- Excel Solver Download For Mac If you need to develop complex statistical or engineering analyses, you can save steps and time by using the Analysis ToolPak. You provide the data and parameters for each analysis, and the tool uses the appropriate statistical or engineering macro functions to calculate and display the results in an output table.
- Mac Users Using Excel 2016 or Excel Online. Get the new Solver App for Excel 2016 and Excel Online this free Solver app works equally well in desktop Excel 2016 and Excel Online – and handles the smallest to the largest, most challenging optimization models. Users can obtain Solver immediately from Microsoft AppSource. Over 100,000 existing “cloud Solver” users will receive the new.
Want to get more from the Excel Solver? Try Analytic Solver Basic for $250/year you get an easy to use guided mode, over 200 examples you can easily customize, access to our advanced support team and you'll get full access to Analytic Solvers long list of features: Stochastic Optimization, Monte Carlo Simulation, Data Mining, Text Mining and much more.
Learn more about Analytic Solver Click Here
In Excel for Windows, if you don't see the Solver command or the Analysis group on the Data tab, you need to load the Solver add-in.
1. Click the File tab, click Options, and then click the Add-ins category.
Solver Excel Mac Not Working
2. In the Manage box, click Excel Add-ins, and then click Go.
3. In the Add-ins available box, select the Solver Add-in check box. If you don't see this name in the list, click the Browse... button and navigate to the folder containing Solver.xlam. Then click OK.
4. Now on the Data tab, in the Analysis group, you should see the Solver command.
In Excel for Macintosh, if you don't see the Solver command on the Tools menu, you need to load the Solver add-in.
1. Click the Tools menu, then click the Add-ins command.
Excel Solver Add In Mac
2. In the Add-ins available box, select the Solver.xlam check box. If you don't see this name in the list, click the Select... button and navigate to the folder containing Solver.xlam. Then click OK.
3. Now on the Tools menu, you should see the Solver command.
In Excel Online for Office 365, Excel Web App for SharePoint, or Excel on iPad, use the Solver add-in. If you don't see the Solver Task Pane in your worksheet, you need to insert the Solver add-in: Follow the steps in Microsoft Office Support on How to get an Office Add-in for Excel.
1. Open the workbook where you want to use Solver. Click the Insert tab, then click the My Add-ins button.
2. If Solver appears in the Recently Used Add-ins dropdown list, select it there, and skip to step 4.
3. Select See All... from the dropdown menu. In the Office Add-ins dialog, find and select Solver under
My Add-ins or My Organization.
If this is your first time using the Solver add-in, click Store, and look in the Data Analytics category. Click to see the Solver add-in listing in the Office Store.
4. The Solver Task Pane should appear. Click File Save As, and save to your Office 365 or SharePoint document library, or OneDrive or OneDrive for Business folder.
5. Now when you open your workbook, the Solver Task Pane should appear automatically.
Solver Excel Mac 2016 Not Working
NOTE: Although the Solver add-in can be used in Excel 2013 and Excel 2016, because your model is solved 'in the cloud,' this Solver add-in works only with Excel workbooks that are stored online. If you want to solve a workbook model that is stored on your local PC, use the Solver included with desktop Excel, or one of Frontline's enhanced Solvers for desktop Excel.