Nov 07, 2019 Tags on Mac work just like they do in email or note-taking applications. You can use colors and words to create tags and then use those tags to categorize items and find what you need quickly. For those new to Mac who would like some extra help, here’s how to use tags to organize your files and folders. IMusic is one of the best MP3 Tag Editor for Mac as it works as a multipurpose and multi.
Customizing song information might seem unimportant to some people. However, to some people, it is very important to arrange and organize music in their own way. Editing song information such as artist name, title, and genre, and more. If you have a large song collection and need to tag information, the easiest way to work with metadata is to use the best free MP3 tag editor for Mac to get your work done in minimum time.
6 Best Free MP3 Tag Editor For Mac in 2020
Here in this post, we have compiled a list of the best MP3 tagging tool for your Mac.
iMusic is one of the best MP3 Tag Editor for Mac as it works as a multipurpose and multi-platform tool. Let’s take a look at the features of iMusic:
- It helps you to discover, record and download music, transfer music between Android, iOS, Mac, and Windows.
- You can recover and backup iTunes library. Moreover, you can burn selected songs and playlists to CDs.
- You can fix iTunes library music tags and covers and you can also remove music DRM protection
2. MusicBrainz Picard
MusicBrainz Picard is a cross-platform music tag editor for Mac. Let’s take a look at the features of MusicBrainz Picard:
- It supports multiple formats such as WMA, WAV, MP3, FLAC, OGG, M4A, and more.
- It uses AcoustID audio fingerprints, which help in identifying files by the actual music, without even Metadata.
- It can also search for entire music CDs in a single click.
Also Read:How To Run Windows On Mac
MetaBliss is a new MP3 tag editor for Mac OS X available for free. Let’s take a look at the features of Meta bliss:
- It will make it easy to clean up your mac metadata.
- You can swiftly edit Song Name, Artist, Comments and other tags.
- The editor helps you to fix multiple files at once, therefore, saving a lot of time.
One of the best free audio tag editors for Mac, Kid3, can efficiently edit tags for your MP3, WMA, Ogg, FLAC, MPC and more. Let’s take a look at the features of Meta bliss:
- It enables you to edit and convert between ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4 tags of MP3 files.
- It helps you to generate tags from filenames and file-, directory names from tags
- You can import from gnudb.org, TrackType.org, MusicBrainz, Discogs.
Also Read: 8 Best Media Center For Mac
Metadatics is a MP3 tag editor Mac which is powerful and advanced audio metadata editor which can be used to edit the tags seamlessly. Let’s take a look at the features of Metadatics:
- It lets you edit multiple files easily at once.
- It has an inbuilt function to manipulate data, remove characters, replace text from starting or end of a tag and more.
- It can generate directory structures and rename files based on metadata.
Last but not the least, TuneUp helps you to manage, and organize your audio music collection easily. Let’s take a look at the features of TuneUp:
- It uses cutting-edge waveform recognition technology under which it listens to each song in your music library to identify its acoustic fingerprint and find a match of the song information from world’s largest fingerprint database and song information.
- The software helps you to recover free space on your disk by removing duplicate songs.
- It fills in missing album cover art and makes your music library collection beautiful and colorful.
So, this is the list of the Best Free MP3 Tag Editor For Mac. Choose the one you like and organize and arrange your music library the way you want.
Managing your files got a lot easier and faster. Taggy Tagger can automatically tag and move files for you. Simply drag and drop a folder from Finder and select the tags you want to be added. That's it. Now, watch them appear and trigger actions whenever you add files to that folder. No need for complex rules or scripts. Just a switch.
File tagging becomes magical.
Taggy Tagger is a powerful, beautiful and easy to use tag manager designed for Mac. It comes with everything you need to automate file tagging. Whether you need to tag a large number of files or replace tags in folders recursively, it has never been easier before. With its unintrusive design working in the background, it seems like magic.
Taggy Tagger is currently in public beta.
Sign-up, now, and join hundreds of users in making it the best file tagging software for Mac.
Plus, be first to get notified when it launches on the App Store.
Trouble subscribing? Send an email to [email protected].
As easy as turning on the lights.
With an intuitive interface to define which files should (or shouldn't) be tagged, it becomes incredibly easy to add tags to files. You only want to tag images? No problem. You want to tag files hidden deep in a dozen subfolders? Let Taggy Tagger do the digging. You want to do both in one go? Easy peasy. The app comes packed with a set of common rules to choose from, so you can immediately start tagging. All you have to do is flipping a switch.
If tag then that.
Our innovative tagging engine puts your tags on steroids, so you can do more with them than just adding metadata to files. Automatically backing up your files to Dropbox or moving your files from the Downloads folder is just a tag away. Select any of your tags to create a file copy or file move action. Combined with the auto-tagging feature, you can fully automate your workflow. If Taggy Tagger then tagging becomes more enjoyable than ever.
Tagged. Copied. Moved. Removed.
Taggy Tagger does four task exceptionally well. It tags files. It copies files. It moves files. It removes tags. All silently, while you can stay 'in the zone' and be focused. And if you ever want to know what it just did, it's right there in the menu bar. Whether it was one file or tens of thousands of files.
Smart, real-time, effortless info.
Taggy Tagger gives you a glimpse of your tag usage right from the menu bar. See which tags are used the most and which aren't used at all. The information is updated in real-time, so you always have the most current state at your disposal. Now, finding those neglected, antiquated tags is an effortless task.
You can create and combine multiple rules, which gives you almost endless opportunities to work with Finder tags.
Tagging For Mac Software
Each rule can be manually executed anytime, so you can tag those thousands of files on your backup drive.
Finally, your tags can be put in order by sorting and categorising them into logical groups.
Create new Finder tags easily from within the app without having to go to Finder. (coming soon)
Most apps list this as a major feature, so rest assured that Taggy Tagger has full dark mode support as well.
For example, you can have your iCloud shared files automatically tagged, so you keep track of the files you've shared.
The app uses Apple's latest APIs and adheres to best practices like App Sandbox.
Tagging Machine For Jewellery
Metal Tagging Machine For Labeling
Fully compatible with macOS Catalina and Mojave. High Sierra support is coming soon.
TAGGY TAGGER is developed by Dennis Schäfer, an indie developer from Germany and founder of innovation design consultancy Fox+Rabbit Innovation Design.
He came up with the idea for the app while becoming frustrated using Finder tags on macOS. He occasionally publishes articles about his work and interests in his publication Creating the Unimagined on Medium.