- Thunderbird Software Download
- Software For Mac Free
- Download Thunderbird For Mac
- Thunderbird Software For Mac Catalina
Aug 22, 2020 Download Thunderbird 78.1.1 for Mac from our software library for free. The actual developer of this free Mac application is Mozilla. The most popular versions of Thunderbird for Mac are 31.4, 31.3 and 16.0. The latest setup package occupies 48.9 MB on disk. The bundle id for this app is org.mozilla.thunderbird. Alternatives to Thunderbird for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iPhone and more. Filter by license to discover only free or Open Source alternatives. This list contains a total of 25+ apps similar to Thunderbird. List updated: 9/22/2020 1:23:00 AM.
AlternativeTo is a free service that helps you find better alternatives to the products you love and hate. The site is made by Ola and Markus in Sweden, with a lot of help from our friends and colleagues in Italy, Finland, USA, Colombia, Philippines, France and contributors from all over the world. That's right, all the lists of alternatives are crowd-sourced, and that's what makes the data.
This article will show you how to install Thunderbird on Mac. For other operating systems, see Installing Thunderbird on Windows and Installing Thunderbird on Linux.
Before you install Thunderbird, check that your computer meets the System Requirements.
Open the Thunderbird download page.
The page will automatically detect the platform and language on your computer and recommend the best edition(s) of Thunderbird for you. If you want to download Thunderbird in a language other than the one suggested, click on 'Other Systems & Languages' for the list of available editions. Click on the OS X installation of your choice to continue.
Once the download is completed, the disk image may open by itself and mount a new volume which contains the Thunderbird application. If you do not see the new volume, double-click the Thunderbird dmg icon to open it. A Finder window appears, containing the Thunderbird application. Drag the Thunderbird icon to the Applications folder.
At this point you can eject the disk image by selecting it in a Finder window and pressing the command+E keys or by using the Finder's File menu, and selecting Eject.
Thunderbird is now ready for use. Open the Applications folder and double-click on the Thunderbird icon to start it. You may get a security warning that Thunderbird has been downloaded from the Internet. Because you downloaded Thunderbird from the official site, you can click to continue.
The first time you start Thunderbird you will be alerted that it is not your default email application. (The default email application is the program that opens, for example, when you click a link on a web page to an email address.) If you want Thunderbird to be the default email application, click to set it as your default mailer. If not (for example if you are just trying out Thunderbird) click .
- The Installing Thunderbird on Mac OS X chapter in the Thunderbird FLOSS manual
- The Uninstalling chapter in the Thunderbird FLOSS manual
This article describes how to install Thunderbird on Windows.
Thunderbird Software Download
- If you are upgrading from a previous version of Thunderbird, see Updating Thunderbird.
Software For Mac FreeBefore installing Thunderbird:
- Make sure that your computer meets the System Requirements.
- Although Thunderbird will run on Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) or above, the latest installers for Thunderbird require Windows XP with Service Pack 3 (SP3). If you are running Windows XP SP2, please follow these instructions on how to install the latest Thunderbird on your system.
- Do not install Thunderbird using a limited Windows XP account. For more information, see How to determine your user account type in Windows at microsoft.com.
- Visit the Thunderbird download page in any browser (e.g. Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer). The page will automatically recommend the best version(s) of Thunderbird for you.
- Click on the green download link to download the Thunderbird installer. Depending on your connection speed, the download may take up to a few minutes. Thanks for your patience… it’ll be worth the wait!
- Start the process by clicking .
- Then, just follow the steps (we’ve made the process as painless as possible).Congratulations, you are done installing Thunderbird!
- Double-click on the Thunderbird icon whenever you want to communicate.
Download Thunderbird For Mac
Thunderbird Software For Mac Catalina
Here are some articles that can help you: