Welcome to the O3XWiki: your source for OpenZFS on OS X documentation.OpenZFS on OS X → OOOX → O3X
The following is a list of open-source ZFS ports and forks: 2006: Development of a FUSE port for Linux started. 2007: Apple started porting ZFS to Mac OS X. 2008: A port to FreeBSD was released as part of FreeBSD 7.0. 2008: Development of a native Linux port started. 2009: Apple's ZFS project closed. The MacZFS project continued to develop the. Noel Dellofano, who is part of the ZFS dev team at Apple, has a post on Mac OS Forge announcing a late Christmas gift: she is making available binaries and source code (plus instructions) of the ZFS filesystem for Mac OS X. “ZFS is a new kind of filesystem that provides simple administration, transactional semantics, end-to-end data integrity, and immense scalability.
(If you were looking for information about the MacZFS project, you should use their site instead: http://maczfs.org.)
Mac Os X Update
Nov 16, 2012 Now I can use the usb disk ZFS partition inside Solaris. But I wanted to use it from Mac OS X too – after all the was my goal when I decided to start using ZFS! Fortunately, ZFS can natively share partitions via NFS and, equally important, Mac OS X can natively mount NFS shares! So here is how to export a zpool via NFS in Solaris. Jun 12, 2007 Sun exec: ZFS to be default file system in Apples’ Mac OS X Leopard – June 06, 2007 Apple’s Mac OS X Leopard to feature ZFS? – March 29, 2007 Report: ZFS is now ‘officially’ supported.
- OpenZFS on OS X
- Brief overview of OpenZFS on OS X.
- Latest release of the Mac installer.
- List of common and frequently asked questions.
- O3X Documentation
- Index of popular articles and often-referenced information about O3X and OpenZFS.
- Bug fixes, new features, etc.
- Installation Guide
- Detailed guide through the whole process of installing OpenZFS on OS X.
- Uninstallation Guide
- How to remove O3X from your computer.
- Information of particular interest to developers.
- Performance and Benchmarking
- Source Code
- Show me the code.
- Version numbers of releases, pkgs, upstream, etc.
- Getting Involved
- Describes various ways O3X users can contribute to the O3X community.
- If willing and able to contribute to the wiki, please see this article for ideas.
- Technical Information about editing and contributing to the OpenZFS on OS X Wiki.
- O3X Forums
- General technical assistance for users and discussion of all things O3X including development.
- IRC Channel
- Live problem-solving and conversation with your fellow O3X users and developers #openzfs-osx.
- Beyond Our Walls
- How to get connect more broadly with users and developers of OpenZFS on other platforms.
Zfs For Mac Os X 10 11 Download Free
- Contact one of the admins by email.
- Donations and other ways to contribute
Mac Os X El Capitan
@openzfsonosx on Twitter.
Zfs Mac Os X
Tweets by @OpenZFSonOSX